UPDATED: Police have charged a 15-year-old boy with murder following the stabbing death of another 15-year-old boy at Bagot community.
NT Police spokesman Rob Cross said in a statement the boy had been remanded in custody to appear before Darwin Youth Justice Court on Wednesday. He said no more information would be released.
Speaking at a press conference on Tuesday Detective Senior Sergeant Troy Stevens, officer in charge of the major crimes division, said police had interviewed “quite a number” of witnesses and they thought the boys knew each other.
“It’s believed that both persons were known to each other. But the exact nature of that relationship is yet to be fully established,” he said.
It was unclear if the alleged perpetrator suffered any injuries.
Earlier, Northern Watch Commander Acting Senior Sergeant Sonia Kennon said police responded to a reported fight in the community and found the boy bleeding heavily, with a knife at the scene, around 3:20 am.
St John Ambulance said a crew was called to the community to attend to the boy who was stabbed in the chest.
Police said paramedics treated the teen at the scene and he was taken to Royal Darwin Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery. He died just after 6 am on Tuesday.
- Police ramp up efforts to find alleged Palmerston rapist
- Darwin Festival unveils lineup for 2026
- US Embassy won’t say if it strangely requested NT Govt hold July 4 celebrations
- ‘No child should ever be interrogated by police alone’: Backlash to proposed NT youth laws
- CLP to spruik NT as prime location for ‘AI-ready data centres’ on latest trip to Asia




0 Comments