A 18-year-old man was taken to hospital after being assaulted by a group of men after he allegedly attempted to sexually assault a female teenager, NT Police said.


A 18-year-old man was taken to hospital after being assaulted by a group of men after he allegedly attempted to sexually assault a female teenager, NT Police said.

The Lawler Government has announced a big-spending budget three months out from the general election that puts the Territory on course to achieve a net debt of $11 billion by next year.

The Lawler Labor Government’s 2024 Budget is proof that Labor is bereft of any “new ideas” to address the Territory’s problems, CLP Opposition Leader Lia Finocchiaro says, while the Chief Minister threw it back at Ms Finocchiaro, demanding to know where she’s been hiding for the last month.

The Lawler Government’s 2024 Budget has failed to provide appropriate funding for community services that could help make the community safer, experts say, including for mental health services, youth programs, drug and alcohol support and failed to acknowledge the extent of domestic violence across the Territory.

Darwin company Aspire has been awarded the $18.2 million contract to design and build the new ward at Royal Darwin Hospital, which the government expects to be open in the middle of next year, the Health Minister has said.

A man is on the run after attacking another man on the street with an “edged weapon”, leaving him in hospital with cuts to his face and neck, NT Police said.

One of Darwin’s most iconic bars will close its doors permanently next month after more than two decades in its current form.

The solar power plant at Robertson Barracks has been connected and it will also provide power for public use, the federal government has said, a connection that comes at a time when the Northern Territory government has been unable to put electricity into the grid from private solar power stations.

Territorians will soon have digital identification cards that can be stored on smartphones and other smart devices, the Lawler Government has said.

The Lawler Government has pledged “an almost $90 million boost” for police operations in tomorrow’s Budget, just a year after providing only a modest boost for police despite record crime rates and pleas from the public to keep the community safe amid an ongoing “crime crisis” across the Territory.

Police are looking for an unspecified number of alleged offenders who stole two compound bows and arrows along with a hunting knife from a home in Alice Springs, NT Police said.

A woman was killed and a man injured in a crash on Litchfield Park Road at Charlotte on Sunday, NT Police said.