A 53-year-old off-duty police officer was charged with high-range drink driving after being arrested in Alice Springs on Saturday, NT Police have said.
NT Police spokesman Rob Cross said in a statement the male officer will appear in the Alice Springs Local Court on July 7.
NT Police have not disclosed what his recorded blood alcohol reading was when he was breath-tested.
The statement said the officer had been suspended from duty on pay while the Professional Standards Command conduct an investigation into the incident.
It said as the matter is before the court no further information will be provided.
- NT Independent Cheapest Fuel Prices – July 4
- NT Criminal Court list – with charges – July 4
- Opinion: Alcohol restrictions to ease in NT, but more consultation with First Nations members is needed first
- NT Independent Cheapest Fuel Prices – July 1
- NT Criminal Court list – with charges – July 1