NT Police have ended the search and rescue operation for missing woman Angie Fuller and will now focus on a criminal investigation into her suspicious disappearance after 15 days of searching in remote Central Australia terrain for the missing 30-year-old.
Police said the search, which had lasted 15 days, covered almost 400 square kilometres but failed to locate Ms Fuller who was last seen in Alice Springs at 6:40pm on January 9, driving a red Toyota Corolla. The car was located abandoned on the Tanami Road northwest of Alice Springs approximately 12 hours later.
“The search and rescue component has been suspended this morning however, police will continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, which is being treated as suspicious,” said Assistant Police Commissioner Michael White.
“Police have spoken to all persons who are known to have last had contact with Angie.”

Angie Fuller
Mr White added that the criminal investigation had been running “parallel to the search operation”, which he first raised last Friday when he said police were investigating the possibility of another person being involved in her disappearance.
Mr White said at the time of her “last sighting there was an incident involving two vehicles that we believe involved the vehicle that Angie was driving and the other vehicle”, but did not provide a description of the other vehicle.
The search involved foot searches, drones, helicopters, ATVs, motorbikes, vehicles and “specialist local Aboriginal Community Police Officers who have extensive knowledge of the region”.
Mr White said corflute signs had now been placed around Alice Springs “appealing to any members of the public who may have information relating to the matter”.
“Anyone with information on Angie’s whereabouts is urged to contact police on 131 444 or via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Please quote reference number 10228143.”






0 Comments