Five boys and a girl, all aged between 11 and 14, have been arrested and charged with multiple break-ins, assaults and property offences in Casuarina and Karama over the last week alone, NT Police said.
The latest statement of charges follows claims by police management earlier this week that the crime spree in the northern suburbs had been “resolved”.
Police media manager Rob Cross said in the new statement that the 52 charges against the five children were all related to incidents alleged to have happened between April 21 and 28.
Four of the five alleged youth offenders were given bail.
Their charges include unlawful entry, violent conduct, threatening behaviour, stealing, assaulting a worker, interfering with fire equipment and unlawful use of a motor vehicle.
One 14-year-old was also charged with breaching bail and was the only alleged offender not immediately granted bail, however it is unclear if he was granted bail after appearing in court today.
He was also charged with eight counts of stealing, one count each of assaulting a worker where a victim suffers harm, damage to property, interfering with fire equipment, and two counts of engaging in violent conduct.
Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Bland expressed disappointment over the age of the alleged offenders.
“We will continue to engage with the community to combat youth crime and in this case, charges have been laid,” Sgt Bland said.
He said coordinated efforts between Strike Force Trident Detectives and the K-9 Units led to the arrest of the five children who were considered primary offenders of the crimes in Darwin’s northern suburbs.