Two women sexually assaulted in Alice Springs while perps remain at large | NT Independent

Two women sexually assaulted in Alice Springs while perps remain at large

by | May 3, 2023 | Alice, Cops | 0 comments

NT Police are seeking the public’s assistance to identify the perpetrators of two recent public sexual assaults against women in Alice Springs, one occurring yesterday near Bougainvillea Park and the other last week near the Peter Sitzler building.

The first incident occurred on Wednesday April 26, between Smith Street and Tietkens Avenue near the Peter Sitzler building between 6:10pm and 7:10pm.

“The incident was reported to police the following day,” police said in a statement. “Detectives from Criminal Investigation Branch have been following up on inquiries and reviewing CCTV footage; however, attempts to identify the individual involved have been unsuccessful.”

No description of the offender was provided.

Police are asking anyone who was travelling along the Stuart Highway at that time who may have seen any suspicious behaviour or has dash-cam footage to contact police on 131 444, quoting reference number 10329342.

The second unsolved sexual assault occurred at 3:20pm on Tuesday afternoon at Bouganvillea Park in the East Side, police said.

It’s alleged a man approached a woman and indecently assaulted her on Kurrajong Drive adjacent to the park.

“The male is of Aboriginal appearance and was wearing a black baseball cap, black t-shirt and black basketball shorts,” police said in a statement. “It is believed the man walked away towards Undoolya Road after the incident.

“Anyone with information, particularly with CCTV or dash cam footage which may have captured this incident or a person matching this description in a nearby location is urged to contact police on 131 444.”

Ads by Google

Ads by Google

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

0 Comments

Submit a Comment