Seven youths arrested for multiple offences in Darwin region | NT Independent

Seven youths arrested for multiple offences in Darwin region

by | Sep 12, 2022 | Cops | 0 comments

Seven youths, including one as young as 11, have been arrested following multiple crimes throughout the Greater Darwin region over the last week, including robbing a taxi driver and break and enters at various businesses, NT Police said.

All seven arrests were made with the use of CCTV footage, police said.

A 13-year-old on bail was arrested on Friday at the Palmerston Shopping Centre for allegedly using a “small hammer” to threaten a taxi driver and demand money from him the previous day. Police said the teen was “ejected” from the taxi on Thursday, following the threats on the way to a Palmerston address.

After obtaining witness statements and viewing CCTV footage, Strike Force Trident members arrested the teen at the shopping centre, charging him with intent to steal and serious breach of bail.

Two other youths in an unconnected incident were also arrested after allegedly breaking into a Berrimah business at about 2:40am on September 4, causing $500 worth of damage and stealing $1000 worth of alcohol.

“Trident members attended the business and reviewed CCTV of the offending and then conducted further inquiries which revealed that the two youths were also subject to several police interactions in the 24 hours after the offence where they are captured on police body worn cameras,” police media manager Rob Cross said in a statement.

“The two were also arrested and charged for unrelated matters prior to being identified for the business offences.”

Both youths were charged with aggravated unlawful entry, stealing and damage to property, with police saying investigations to find another person involved in the break-in is underway.

Police said in the final incident, an 11-year-old with a 17, 14 and 12-year-old, were all caught on police CCTV breaking into Casuarina Shopping Village at about 1:55am on Saturday morning.

“A short time later the four youths were seen leaving the shopping centre with stolen property,” Mr Cross said.

“Police CCTV was able to guide Strike Force Trident and Casuarina members to the location of the youths. They were all taken into custody and the stolen property was seized.”

Police said all four did not have any prior criminal history and would be considered for diversion.

 

Ads by Google

Ads by Google

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

0 Comments

Submit a Comment