NT Resource News—April 25

NT Resource News – April 26

by | Apr 25, 2023 | Business, News | 0 comments

The NT Independent is providing an update of resource news from across the Northern Territory. Highlights this week include  Core Lithium boosting Finniss’ MRE by 62 per cent, the NT Supreme Court dismissing Rallen Australia’s appeal regarding land access in the Beetaloo Basin and critical minerals company Tivan moving its company headquarters to Darwin.

Tivan to move headquarters to Darwin

Critical minerals company Tivan will be moving its company headquarters to Darwin to strengthen its presence in the Northern Territory while supporting the next phase of its planned multi-mineral hub in the Middle Arm Sustainable Development Precinct (MASDP), the company announced.

Tivan’s planned hub will process critical minerals critical for renewable energy while creating an estimated 1,500 jobs during construction and approximately 1,000 long-term employment opportunities, the company said.

“HQ will now be proximate to Tivan’s core interests and future workforce, and to greater Asia as well. The move will further differentiate our corporate profile and value propositions, as we continue to deepen relationships with key stakeholders, including in community, government and First Nations,” Tivan executive chairman Grant Wilson said.

Core Lithium boost Finniss’ MRE by 62 per cent

Core Lithium (CXO) has announced that its Finniss lithium project in the Northern Territory posted a 62 per cent increase to its total mineral resource estimate (MRE). Finniss’ total resource now comprises 30.6 million tonnes at 1.31 per cent lithium, with measured and indicated resources of 19.4 million tonnes at 1.37 per cent lithium.

The recent results highlight the significant potential for mine life extensions at Finnis, Core Lithium said. The company will now be working to complete an updated ore reserve estimate. It has also allocated $25 million to this year’s drilling programs. Core Lithium said this year’s budget allocation is almost double compared to last year to deliver further resource increases.

NT Supreme Court Dismisses Land Access Appeal

The NT Supreme Court has dismissed Rallen Australia’s appeal of the Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal’s (NTCAT) decision to grant Tamboran Resources Limited a land access agreement on EP 136 in the Beetaloo Basin.

“We are pleased with the NT Supreme Court’s ruling and look forward to working closely with all our stakeholders in progressing the development of the Beetaloo Basin safely and responsibly,” Tamboran managing director and CEO Joel Riddle said.

The SC decision validates the NTCAT in May last year, allowing Tamboran to conduct exploration activities in EP 136 under the corresponding Environmental Management Plans. Tamboran accomplished the drilling of its first operated well, Maverick 1V, in EP 136 during the second half of 2022. It was the fastest drilled vertical section of more than 2,500 metres in the Beetaloo Basin to date.

Tamboran said it continues to evaluate the opportunity to drill a 3,000-metre horizontal section with Helmerich and Payne’s super-spec FlexRig.

Rallen Australia, owned by the Langenhoven-Ravazotti family, meanwhile says it is weighing its legal options for an appeal.

The case was the first to test mandatory land access laws introduced in the NT in 2021 and has been seen as a precedent for future legal cases between gas companies and pastoralists.

Ads by Google

Ads by Google

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

0 Comments

Submit a Comment