Man who allegedly sexually assaulted three-year-old boy to face court: NT Police

by | Mar 15, 2021 | Cops, Court | 0 comments

The man who allegedly sexually assaulted a three-year-old boy who had been playing in his front yard on Thursday will appear in court today, NT Police said.

The police, who initially refused to comment on the disturbing incident, issued a media statement this morning informing the public that the sex crime occurred in Darwin’s northern suburbs and not in Palmerston as initially reported.

It has been described as “every parent’s worst nightmare”.

According to court records, the 21-year-old man has been charged with one count of sexual intercourse without consent.

Police media manager Rob Cross said the man approached the toddler while he played in his Karama yard. The NT Independent understands that included sexually assaulting the boy before being scared off.

“A passer-by who witnessed the incident came to the child’s aid and notified police,” he said. “The male was arrested shortly after the incident.”

“He was later charged and remanded in custody to appear in court today.

“The matter is now before the court and no further comment will be made.”

Mr Cross ignored questions about the incident sent by the NT Independent on Sunday. A source said the nature of the incident had upset veteran investigators. It remains unclear if the police were going to inform the public about the incident.

An update on the child’s health was not provided.

Mr Cross also did not specify the charge, but court records indicate it is currently one count of sexual intercourse without consent.

(Visited 2,747 times, 1 visits today)

Ads by Google

Ads by Google

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense