A 27-year-old man who allegedly robbed two elderly citizens at Casuarina shopping centres, including robbing one as the senior withdrew cash from an ATM, has been arrested and charged, NT Police said.
Police were investigating an incident involving an 85-year-old man being assaulted and robbed in the entrance to supermarket on Bradshaw Terrace on Saturday morning at around 10:40am when they were made aware of a similar incident involving a 75-year-old man who had been robbed while withdrawing cash from an ATM.
Strike Force Trident investigators worked with Casuarina security to identify the alleged suspect yesterday, charging him with one count of stealing and one count of aggravated robbery.
“Preying on the vulnerable is an incredibly low act and this man can now face court for his actions,” said Detective Snr Sgt Mark Bland.
The 27-year-old man was expected to appear in Darwin Local Court today.





0 Comments