Another Darwin man who returned to the Territory via air on March 30 has been charged with breaching quarantine orders with only days left on his order, NT Police say.
An NT Government compliance team went to the 50-year-old man’s home in Eaton Friday to find he had breached his quarantine order. He had been on board a flight from NSW on March 30, police said in a statement.
They did not provide any details of the breach or where the man went. The statement did say he has been fined $1,099 and “referred to Environmental Health Officers to conduct a further risk assessment to determine if contact tracing is required.”
Police said they, Public and Environmental Health officers and Australian Defence Force are continuing to undertake quarantine compliance checks, but did not provide any details around how many people are currently under quarantine.
In an earlier statement dated April 3, police said 2,629 people were “required to quarantine”. Today, they stated that 3,892 compliance checks had been completed.
A total figure for how many are now in quarantine was not provided and has been missing from police statements since April 3. Calls to the police media team were not immediately answered.
“Physical distance monitoring and enforcing the public gathering limit of (10) persons also continues,” said police spokeswoman Elle Arnold in the statement. “Territorians are strongly advised to observe the two person limit where possible.”