Duo charged over alleged abduction of five-year-old boy: Police

Duo charged over alleged abduction of five-year-old boy: Police

by | Feb 6, 2023 | Cops | 0 comments

A step-father and his alleged female accomplice have been charged for allegedly abducting his five-year-old step-son in Nakara last week, NT Police have said.

NT Police media manager Margaret McKeown said in a statement on Sunday Child Abuse Task Force detectives charged the the 37-year-old step-father and 56-year-old woman, who police described as being “known to the child”, with abducting a child under 16, and recklessly endangering serious harm.

She said both were remanded to appear in Darwin Local Court on Monday.

In a media release on Saturday Ms McKeown said that about 3pm on Friday, the five-year-old boy was allegedly abducted from Witherden St, Nakara, by the two.

“As the boy was being placed in a vehicle, his mother allegedly intervened and fell to the road from the fleeing vehicle. She was conveyed to Royal Darwin Hospital in a stable condition,” Ms McKeown said.

Sex Crimes Division and Strike Force Trident detectives, and general duties officers from Adelaide River and Batchelor, began tracking the vehicle, she said, and at 5:30pm, the pair were intercepted and arrested shortly after they turned onto Cox Peninsula Rd..

Ms McKeown said the child was found safe and well inside the vehicle.

Ads by Google

Ads by Google

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

0 Comments

Submit a Comment